CFL is a cooperative endeavour. We look forward to engaging with parents who are keen to learn about the educational philosophy of the school, are open-minded about the dialogue process, and are willing to ask questions of their own lives. Parents and students cannot become passive consumers! We would like parents to partner us in the process of education of the children, and be actively involved in a meaningful working together. A genuine interest in inquiry, and a sustained commitment to explore questions relating to human nature and the world around us, is central to CFL’s work. A child benefits from the education at CFL only when the parents and teachers are working in harmony, based on a mutual understanding of the philosophy of the school. We therefore request that parents make sure they have a strong interest in the philosophy of the school before they seek admission.
In going through the process of admissions, we hope that it will become clear to parents if a CFL education is what they are looking for. From our side, we do our best to communicate the core work of the school and the educational philosophy as clearly as possible. It is important in this process that parents speak freely, question us and share their views as candidly as possible.
As we are a small school, we can offer very few spaces to children each year. The ability to pay is not a criterion for admission; we provide unconditional financial support to parents who are serious about this kind of education.
Admissions for the academic year 2023-24 is now open
We invite applications from parents only if you are Bangalore based and if your child’s date of birth is within the range mentioned above. Please write to email@example.com and we will take you through the process. Do confirm that you are Bangalore based and mention your child’s date of birth when you write to us. If you do not hear from us within a week, please do write to us again.
Senior school: We will not be considering applications for senior school (class 11) for the year 2023-24.
Admission to CFL involves a few stages.
- The first step is contacting us and choosing a date for an orientation.
- Application stage: The purpose of the orientation is for prospective applicants to better understand CFL. If you continue to be interested in CFL after this, you will be given an application to fill and submit by a specified deadline. The application contains a set of questions to reflect on and respond to. Once we receive the applications, we will go through our screening process as we read them. At this stage we will inform you whether or not you will be moving to the next step.
- Face-to-face meeting: The next stage involves meeting prospective parents for a conversation. We will then inform you of our decision.
- If we are moving ahead in the admission process, we will invite your child to visit school.
- We will then communicate our final decision about admission.
We would like to reiterate that CFL being small means that we can offer very few spaces for children each year. After the one-on-one interaction with prospective parents, if we feel we can move ahead in working together, we invite the prospective student to visit campus and interact with students and teachers. Students are not subject to any tests or assessment.
Admissions will be confirmed only after we meet both prospective parents and students face to face.